BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very Slllloooowwww PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie.ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Slllloooowwww PC
    Posted: 06/April/2017 at 5:34pm
Hi

I have used BB for years and love the concept. However for last year (ish) I have been ignoring my pc getting slower and slower until my parents pc got unusable just turning it on!. I havnt got time to sort so paid for pc chappy to look at it...he said "The slowness appears to be caused by some rogue backup software which is constantly accessing the disk and slowing the whole thing down. There may well be more problems but until I can speed it up a little it is difficult to say." When I mentioned BB he said "It's definitely BuddyBackup slowing the machine on startup".

I must admit I was getting suspicious of BB but it never seemed to make a diff when i exited it...but given BOTH pcs are slow and run it (albeit parents much worse)

Any thoughts, suggestions or experiences?

I emailed support and they said:

BuddyBackup does run some processes on startup that can slow down performance slightly but in most cases it only has a small impact.  Even so, it might be slow for a minute or two, but after that it should be unnoticeable. I’m afraid as BuddyBackup is a free service we don’t have the resourced to look into troubleshooting individual issues. We have a help section on the website here:

http://www.buddybackup.com/help/

and you may also want to take a look at the forum here:

http://www.buddybackup.com/forum/

..nothing helpful in help!

We both run Win10.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic