BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make backups faster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Buddy
Super Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make backups faster
    Posted: 05/December/2014 at 12:35pm
With the availablity of high speed internet access, it's hard to utilise all your available bandwidth. Nothing I do seems to effect my upload speed which max out at about 7bps. My upload link can support 12bp.

It's hard for a single application to use a large bandwidth because of the way tcpip works.  As a test I got my buddy partner to run BB on another Pc at the same location. I then started a session to both BB (2 different Pc's) and my usage of bandwidth immeditaley shot up close to the maximum.

So I was wondering if any of the following are possible:
1:can BB  support multiple sessions from the same source / target (increase to many parallel sessions)
2:run 2 instances of BB on the same PC

Any other alternatives?
mberickson54 View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mberickson54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2015 at 6:17pm
Actually getting 7bps on a 12bps line is pretty good. The reality is any one application or operation cannot really use much more than 50% of the line capacity, you always have extra "administrative" type traffic and many other activities going on. For a regular household you should eventually catch up and have plenty of band with to keep up with demand. If your day to day changes are more, then you should consider increasing capacity or add another line. I pay the cable company for a 30bps line myself. There are routers that can connect to two WAN and distribute the load between them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic