BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Concerns about the Authentication server.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2018 at 4:12pm
This thread seems to have died but the question is still relevant today. In fact, for the past several weeks, I have been unable to reach the central server.

Questions:

1. Is there a known problem with the central server? 

2. Is this software still viable?

3. Are there still any plans to allow end users to host their own servers?

The software is great in so many respects and I am really hopeful that will can provide a cost-effective (free or cheap) solution to a need that is not currently served well by any other software that I can find--now that CrashPlan Free is going away.
FuddyDuddy View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuddyDuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2018 at 11:02am
I've also lost the ability to connect to my offsite machines.

Looks like BuddyBackup has died.

mcsilver View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2018 at 6:26pm
Damn! I wonder whether it was bought and shelved, like what oil companies purportedly with really promising green tech. (That may be overly conspiratorial.)

Has anyone contacted the current owner, DataBarrocks?
tec805 View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tec805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2018 at 7:29pm
The outage was for a couple weeks, which sucks for everyone. I sent a message to support about it and also said I'd be happy to pay for the program. I see a lot of potential in this program, how it could be improved or modified. I use this on my computer to backup to my server, which is backed up on Backblaze. I love having the green dot showing me it's working. I have other computers backing up to my server, which is where I'd love more information, a window that shows how much space they're using and the last time they connected. This program is too good to just let die, I don't know why it never became popular.
mcsilver View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 5:38pm
It's great to see that it's back. Thanks, tec805, for posting this news because I had given up on it. Did you ever hear back from Support?
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuddyDuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2018 at 4:44pm
The core server is down again
mcsilver View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2018 at 4:46pm
I appreciate the notification. Do you know how long it has been down?
tec805 View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tec805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2018 at 4:48pm
Sorry, I never heard back from support. Pretty sure it's just a single old server sitting in a corner of an office being ignored. If it goes down then we need to send messages pointing it out until someone reboots it.
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuddyDuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 1:12pm
I think it went down around 14 June 2018.
mcsilver View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 4:06pm
I would so love to contribute a little time and money to help move that server into the cloud or something. It's good software and it seems to be unique.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic