BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » Technical issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buddies Offline when they really aren’t

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buddies Offline when they really aren’t
    Posted: 01/March/2011 at 4:34pm
I have setup Buddy Backup to have several buddies backup to our server at work. Some of these buddies work just fine. To me that means that they conect and disconnect from Buddy Backup as accordingly as they connect and disconnect from the Internet. However, some of them do not show that they are connected even though I have verified that they are online. Both buddies show disconnected. It also appears to be trying to connect since I see the status percentage count up until it gets to 80% and then it reverts back to Offline and then after some time this will repeat. I have checked the firewalls, but can't seem to find the culprit. 
Larry View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2015 at 10:31pm
Hmmmmmmm, another unanswered question, with the same issue as mine.
over 4 years have gone by, and still no response!
Does anyone use BuddyBackup any more?
Or is it just an old discarded failure sat on an old web server gathering dust?
antonyrobinson View Drop Down
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonyrobinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2016 at 9:19am
I've had this a couple of times and have found it to be a port setting issue with my router, so I just manually forward the ports to the PC running BuddyBackup and it works fine. It should of course do this itself, using UnPnP, but doesn't seem to always do it

and yes, I'm still using Buddybackup, it's fantastic, all our family PC's are backing up to each other with no problems
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic