BuddyBackup Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » BuddyBackup Forum » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Linux client

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Buddy
Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2017 at 1:21pm
I second that, but is there any activity on this? is this at all alive?
Zann View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2017 at 2:29pm
I guess BuddyBackup is pretty much dead now.
mberickson54 View Drop Down
Pro Buddy
Pro Buddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mberickson54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2017 at 5:34pm
The software still functions fine and support still responds to email messages. Since customers do not pay anything for it, you pretty much get what you pay for.

On the other hand I have it setup on my home office and work computers, which I have them backup to each other just fine. Recovery is a little dicey, you have to get the files quickly if you loose a machine. Otherwise the app seems to loose track of everything. That was a surprise to me when I lost a machine and took 3 weeks to get a replacement. On the other hand I did not need BB to restore anything, so it was not a problem. I use BB as a secondary backup to commercial Carbonite (as oppose to business Carbonite), which has its own issues, but works pretty well.

I say it is worth setting up and using as a secondary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic